Löwengrip’s Skin Therapist and Head Trainer Emelie Focklin explains how to take care of your sensitive scalp when using styling products and answers to some of the most common questions about dry shampoos.
How to take care of your scalp when using styling products?
- If dry shampoo is your go-to everyday hero, your scalp could benefit from an extra cleanse every now and then. Just like we “deep” cleanse our skin, our scalp also needs to be deeply cleansed. Löwengrip’s Detox - Shampoo & Conditioner are fantastic at removing styling products and give the feeling of a fresh start for both the hair and scalp.
Which products are suitable for a sensitive scalp?
- A sensitive scalp that feels itchy and irritated is very common, yet it’s not as commonly mentioned as sensitive skin. All of Löwengrip’s products are developed to fit even the most sensitive skin and scalp, without sulfates and other irritants. But you can always try to avoid applying styling products directly on your scalp – focus on the hair lengths instead. It’s also very important to use the right cleansing products for your hair and scalp in between styling.
“Löwengrip’s dry shampoos are enriched with both nourishing Provitamin B5 (also known as Panthenol) and moisturizing and shine-boosting hydrolyzed soy protein.”
- Emelie Focklin, Skin Therapist and Head Trainer, Löwengrip
Are the Löwengrip dry shampoos gentler compared to other dry shampoos?
- Löwengrip’s dry shampoos are enriched with both nourishing Provitamin B5 (also known as Panthenol) and moisturizing and shine-boosting hydrolyzed soy protein. Good To Go – Dry Shampoo For Brown Hair contains softening chamomile extract which also has a soothing effect on the scalp. The products nourish your hair while you’re styling it!
Why should you use a dry shampoo in between hair washes?
- In order to be as gentle as possible to your scalp, you should avoid washing your hair every day. To use a dry shampoo the day before washing your hair is a great option that adds both volume and a fresh feeling to your hair.